TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
By qkey
Hi, I'm currently spending some time working over in Lagos, Nigeria and wanted to get a TV for my apartment. There's a manufacturer popping up that I've never heard of before called Polystar, I'm guessing they are an African manufacturer as I've not seen their products back home. They are coming up cheaper generally but I'm seeing relatively positive reviews about them when looking through their range available for sale online in Nigeria. I can only assume they are cheaper because of where they are made and you aren't paying for the name like with some of the familiar brands. I might try and check out some show rooms to see how they all stack up but just wondered in the meantime if anyone here is familiar with the brand. I'm only after a 32-inch but don't want a rubbish one. If I can get more for my money with the Polystar one and they have good performance then it seems stupid paying extra for a Samsung or LG say.
Last edited by qkey on 29 Jun 2016, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
By qkey
qkey wrote:Hi, I'm currently spending some time working over in Lagos, Nigeria and wanted to get a TV for my apartment. There's a manufacturer popping up that I've never heard of before called Polystar, I'm guessing they are an African manufacturer as I've not seen their products back home. They are coming up cheaper generally but I'm seeing relatively positive reviews about them when looking through their range available for sale online in Nigeria. I can only assume they are cheaper because of where they are made and you aren't paying for the name like with some of the familiar brands. I might try and check out some show rooms to see how they all stack up but just wondered in the meantime if anyone here is familiar with the brand. I'm only after a 32-inch but don't want a rubbish one. If I can get more for my money with the Polystar one and they have good performance then it seems stupid paying extra for a Samsung or LG say.
I'm going to a show room today so will have more of an idea then I'm sure.
By Rasmus Larsen
Never heard of them but if you can find out detail on the panel type in their TVs you can at least deduce some important details beforehand.
By Nat
Hi qkey, so what did you think of the polystar? Would you recommend one? They are very cheap so I'm interested but not if it's a piece of junk.
Last edited by Nat on 07 Dec 2023, 14:41, edited 10 times in total.
qkey wrote:Hi, I'm currently spending some time working over in Lagos, Nigeria and wanted to get a TV for my apartment. There's a manufacturer and phenq where to buy popping up that I've never heard of before about posted here called Polystar, I'm guessing they are an African manufacturer as I've not seen their products back home. They are coming up cheaper generally but I'm seeing relatively positive reviews about them when looking through their range available for sale online in Nigeria. I can only assume they are cheaper because of where they are made and you aren't paying for the name like with some of the familiar brands. I might try and check out some show rooms to see how they all stack up but just wondered in the meantime if anyone here is familiar with the brand. I'm only after 32-inch but don't want a rubbish one. If I can get more for my money with the Polystar one and they have good performance then it seems stupid paying extra for a Samsung or LG say.
The brand is nice and the performance is cool. My friend bought the television from the same company and the television was superb.