Questions regarding FlatpanelsHD reviews will be answered here.
By bonnermartin
#16999 Fantastic review. Made me want to go out and buy the 77-inch model. But I have one concern. No HDR10+. Did LG miss the boat with this now that HDR10+ has been adopted by 20th Century Fox, Warner (Will have 100 titles in HDR10+ soon) Universal Pictures & Amazon (1000 titles in HDR10+)
Can HDR10+ be added by an update and if so when?
By Rasmus Larsen
fAST BOOTS wrote:LG and SpectraCal they all know that there is this problem, why not fix it ?
They think that Dolby Vision does not require calibrating? :)

Don't know but if I get a chance I will try to ask the right people again at IFA later this year.
By Rasmus Larsen
bonnermartin wrote:Fantastic review. Made me want to go out and buy the 77-inch model. But I have one concern. No HDR10+. Did LG miss the boat with this now that HDR10+ has been adopted by 20th Century Fox, Warner (Will have 100 titles in HDR10+ soon) Universal Pictures & Amazon (1000 titles in HDR10+)
Can HDR10+ be added by an update and if so when?

We keep hearing that HDR10+ is right "around the corner". Maybe it is but it doesn't appear to have strong momentum in my opinion. Amazon's HDR10+ library is just some auto-conversion. The same seems to be the case for Warner's HDR10+ content. LG argues that its TVs can use its dynamic tone-mapping system to mimic the effect of HDR10+ by analyzing pictures.

Dolby Vision is supported by all major studios. Take Warner for example. They have released 111 titles in Dolby Vision: https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?s ... 1505495519

In our testing HDR10+ actually has very little impact on picture quality with high-end TVs such as OLED TVs. It’s more relevant on mid-range TVs where the dynamic metadata can help compensate for the TV’s weaker display hardware. I don’t think it’s a deal-breaker at all.