Questions regarding FlatpanelsHD reviews will be answered here.
By bonnermartin
#16999 Fantastic review. Made me want to go out and buy the 77-inch model. But I have one concern. No HDR10+. Did LG miss the boat with this now that HDR10+ has been adopted by 20th Century Fox, Warner (Will have 100 titles in HDR10+ soon) Universal Pictures & Amazon (1000 titles in HDR10+)
Can HDR10+ be added by an update and if so when?
By Rasmus Larsen
fAST BOOTS wrote:LG and SpectraCal they all know that there is this problem, why not fix it ?
They think that Dolby Vision does not require calibrating? :)

Don't know but if I get a chance I will try to ask the right people again at IFA later this year.
By Rasmus Larsen
bonnermartin wrote:Fantastic review. Made me want to go out and buy the 77-inch model. But I have one concern. No HDR10+. Did LG miss the boat with this now that HDR10+ has been adopted by 20th Century Fox, Warner (Will have 100 titles in HDR10+ soon) Universal Pictures & Amazon (1000 titles in HDR10+)
Can HDR10+ be added by an update and if so when?

We keep hearing that HDR10+ is right "around the corner". Maybe it is but it doesn't appear to have strong momentum in my opinion. Amazon's HDR10+ library is just some auto-conversion. The same seems to be the case for Warner's HDR10+ content. LG argues that its TVs can use its dynamic tone-mapping system to mimic the effect of HDR10+ by analyzing pictures.

Dolby Vision is supported by all major studios. Take Warner for example. They have released 111 titles in Dolby Vision: https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?s ... 1505495519

In our testing HDR10+ actually has very little impact on picture quality with high-end TVs such as OLED TVs. It’s more relevant on mid-range TVs where the dynamic metadata can help compensate for the TV’s weaker display hardware. I don’t think it’s a deal-breaker at all.
By Reviewno1
#17045 I dont think people are noticing where you put that warning that you drop points when companies can let you know about updates so in reality the c9 would of gotten an even higher score and you probably took it from the festures because the a9g def doesnt have more festures then the c9 I mean hdmi 2.1 a better operating system freesync and gsync capabilities with 2.1 and 2.2 channel sound just a little weird because festures lg has been rated everywhere else to have the most festures out of any TV available I do think you nailed the image quality spot on and everything else but the score on festures should of been at least the same as the a9g but again the drop in points because of them not telling you about the future updates may of been why you took it off so everyone if they would of told them about that they would of raised it by 10 points they take 10 points away because of it
By JMR
#17070 Very good review as usual. I just got a 65C9 to replace a Q9FN and I’m very happy with it so far.

I note “Peak Brightness” is greyed out when using the “Game” picture mode (which makes no sense to me), but I realize your review says:

“Another new feature this year is the option to turn on game mode with any picture mode in the TV, which means that you can now select either 'Game' picture mode (which is not very picture accurate) or you can chose to flip on a game switch when the TV is running in other picture modes.”

Where you referring to using ALLM? I would like to game outside the “Game” picture mode and be able to use “Peak Brightness”, how could I do that?

Thank you for your help.