A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Connon
#17444 Another excellent and balanced review of a fantastic TV.
I recently purchased and enjoying the GZ950 after finally switching from a 8 year old Panasonic pro panel.

I noticed the calibration settings in the review mention ISF dark and Trumotion. Have these been accidentally posted from a LG OLED instead of the GZ2000 ?
By Connon
#17447 Further to my previous post noted that the the calibration settings in the review are actually the ones taken from the previous LG SM90 review not from the GZ2000. Can you update please with the GZ2000 calibration settings. Thanks
By Torben Rasmussen
#17448 Yup, you're right. Correcting now.
By Nicotene
#17455 Did you actually test the Rakuten TV app to see if it outputs HDR? I signed up for a free movie rental and although it said it was 4K HDR it didn't output in HDR.

I've referred it to Panasonic but there has been no fix yet.
By Torben Rasmussen
#17545 I don't have an account at Rakuten, so only their trailers were tested, which didn't output HDR - but neither do trailers in iTunes, so I didn't see it as an indicator of any problems.
By Nicotene
#17552 It would help if your review showed if the apps were working as it should rather than looking at a spec sheet. In the UK it gives a free rental when you sign up to the app so it doesn't cost anything to test.
By Torben Rasmussen
#17564 The free rental would only apply for this one test then, but we could look into setting up an account that would host a single movie to test out during reviews. Have in mind, though, that we have something like 10 services selling/renting out movies here in DK and a lot more offering monthly services, so to test out every one of them would require a monthly fee well above 200 £.