TVs, including LCD/LED, plasma, OLED, and more. Ask for buying advice, or help others, share experiences etc.
Your article you wrote a few things not understood;
"CES 2020: Trends & first impressions of 2020 TVs "

1. " Netflix have also committed to adopting AV1 (but not necessarily for 8K). "
1.1 It is also unclear whether AV1 will be 4 k? 1080p?

2. " Samsung more than suggested that Rakuten TV will launch 8K "
2.1 But there are no 8K movies, so where will the movies will come ?

3.microLED screen
3.1 there are rumors that tv over 2000NITS with evidence that produces strong light over time destroying the vision ?
3.2 People in the show claim they couldn't look at the screen
microLED 5000nits and their eyes hurt ?
1. AV1 can be used for almost everything. From SD resolution to 8K with HDR. It's up to the content provider.

2. We have seen clips from a few movies that are currently being remastered for 8K. These are typically movies shot on 65mm film. However, low frame rate of 24fps will make motion blurry so the advantages of switching to 8K resolution - without switching to higher frame rate - are minimal at this time.

3. How we perceive brightness is relative to the light in our viewing environment. 2000 nits should be OK for a bright daytime environment. It is probably not healthy in a dark viewing environment. TVs should adapt to the viewing environment and this is something we will increasingly see seeing from TV manufacturers.
thanks so much for your answers
I love home theater very much! :)

1. I realized that AV1 according to your answer to any resolution I have a quality 4K TV + OLED
1.1 Google wants to rent a movie or sell me a movie for money
The movie comes in 1080P with poor contrast!
Poor black!
Poor colors
No shades!
Chip AV1 Chip will give better image quality? And how does it come out ?

2. " movies shot on 65mm film "-
Is it old movies? Not taken at 8K? Taken at 24FPS
Not taken in HDR?
2.1 If this is a presentation to you, it has been brought into a system that is worth millions and we will be inferior to us .

3. " 2000 nits should be OK for a bright daytime environment "
i have samsung tv with 65" 2000nits
3.1 I have to say that the brightness of the screen sometimes causes pain in my eyes! And maybe impaired vision

3.2 my room is dark