Disney has launched 'FX on Hulu'. Some catalog titles are available to stream now and new FX series will be exclusive to Hulu.
FX on Hulu
Disney has gained control of Hulu in addition to launching its Disney+ streaming service. And through the acquisition 21st Century Fox, Disney also gained control of FX Network, which is now a "hub" on Hulu similar to how Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm occupy hubs on Disney+.
- "From this point forward, Hulu will be the most comprehensive streaming service for future, current and library FX original programs," said John Landgraf, Chairman of FX Networks and FX Productions. "I have no doubt that both of our brands together—the Hulu originals brand and the FX originals brand—will make Hulu a stronger platform than either of them could alone."
Catalog titles available now include Sons of Anarchy, Archer, Atlanta, American Horror Story, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, What We Do in the Shadows, and Nip/Tuck. Additional FX titles will become available as licensing agreements expire.
The company said that FX on Hulu "is launching in two phases, the first of which premieres today, and the second on April 15" where it will debut the first three episodes of Mrs. America exclusively on Hulu. On March 5, FX's limited series Devs will also premiere exclusively on Hulu. More confirmed titles and dates are included in the table below.
Going forward, Disney+ will represent the company's family-friendly streaming service while Hulu will include content not suitable for children. Together with ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu constitute Disney's streaming strategy as its looks to compete with Netflix, HBO, and others. The launch of FX on Hulu also means that broadcast channels will start to gradually lose FX content.
Disney has previously said that it is planning to launch Hulu internationally from 2021.
FX content is included now as part of Hulu's regular subscriptions plans.
FX on Hulu
- The first two episodes of the comedy series Breeders premiere on FX tonight (10 p.m. ET/PT), then stream the next day on FX on Hulu, with a new episode to follow each week.
- The comedy series DAVE premieres on FXX on March 4 (10 p.m. ET/PT), and streams the next day on FX on Hulu with a new episode launching each week.
- On Thursday, March 5, the limited series Devs premieres and will live exclusively on FX on Hulu.
- That same night, the fourth season of the award-winning comedy Better Things kicks off on FX (10 p.m. ET/PT) and streams the next day on FX on Hulu, with new episodes launching each week. Also on March 5, the second season of the half-hour weekly showcase Cake will premiere with two episodes airing on FXX (10 p.m. ET/PT) and the next day on FX on Hulu, followed by a new episode each subsequent week.
- Original documentary series The Most Dangerous Animal will premiere all four episodes Friday March 6, on FX (8 p.m. ET/PT), and all four episodes will be available to stream the next day on FX on Hulu.
- Phase 2 kicks off Wednesday, April 15, with the premiere of the first three episodes of the limited series Mrs. America, starring Cate Blanchett, exclusively on FX on Hulu, with a new episode following each week. That evening, the first two episodes of the second season of the hit comedy series What We Do in the Shadows premiere on FX (10 p.m. ET/PT) before streaming the next day on FX on Hulu.
- The fourth installment of FX original series Fargo, starring Chris Rock, kicks off with two episodes airing on FX Sunday, April 19 (10 p.m. ET/PT), followed by their arrival on FX on Hulu the next day, with a new episode premiering each subsequent week.
- Finally, on Wednesday, May 6, the first two episodes of the award-winning animated series Archer will premiere on FXX (10 p.m. ET/PT), streaming the next day on FX on Hulu with a new episode each week.