Samsung QN900A "Neo QLED" LCD TVs - specificationsSamsung QN95A "Neo QLED" LCD TVs - specificationsSamsung QN90A "Neo QLED" LCD TVs - specifications
Samsung is renaming its LCD TVs once again with the introduction of miniLED backlight. Samsung's high-end 2021 8K (QN900A) and 4K (QN90A) LCD TVs will be known as 'Neo QLED'.
'Neo QLED' - LCD TVs with miniLEDAs reported by FlatpanelsHD in November 2020, Samsung had trademarked QLED Neo for its new TVs. Here they are, except they will be know as 'Neo QLED', short for "Quantum Mini LED", according to Samsung.
- "Neo QLED increases the luminance scale to 12-bit with 4096 steps; this helps make dark areas darker and bright areas brighter, resulting in a more precise and immersive HDR experience. And Neo QLED benefits from Samsung’s proprietary, powerful Neo Quantum Processor with enhanced upscaling capabilities. By using up to 16 different neural network models, each trained in AI upscaling and deep learning technology, the Neo Quantum Processor can optimize picture quality to 4K and 8K picture output regardless of the input quality," the company announced
At CES 2021, the company confirmed that the technology will be available in the 8K QN900A LCD TVs and 4K QN90A LCD TVs. Samsung is also planning to introduce 8K QN800A, 4K QN95A and 4K QN85A LCD TVs.
The 8K models will feature a nearly bezel-less design, a new video processor (Neo Quantum Processor), and new sound technologies. The TVs also feature HDMI 2.1 with 4K120, VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode), and eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel). Ahead of CES 2021, Samsung had already announced a new HDR10+ Adaptive feature as an alternative to Dolby Vision IQ, which Samsung has avoided in any form for years.
- "Samsung’s 2021 Neo QLED 8K features a new Infinity One Design—a nearly bezel-less screen providing an even more immersive viewing experience in a sleek design and form factor. And Neo QLED 8K’s attachable Slim One Connect box—an all-new cable management system that can be attached to the TV’s back—allows for an easier install and cleaner aesthetic. The 2021 Neo QLED 8K also packs in several premium, room-filling audio features; Object Tracking Sound (OTS) Pro’s dynamic sound corresponds to the movement of objects on screen, and SpaceFit Sound analyzes the installed TV’s physical environment and outputs immersive sound tailored specifically to your space."
Follow the links for specifications in the TV Database.
Pricing and availability will be announced at a later date.
Samsung QN900A & QN90A - specifications FlatpanelsHD
Samsung 2021 TV line-up
|QN900A||8K miniLED LCD||85, 75, 65" |
|QN800A||8K miniLED LCD||85, 75, 65" |
|QN95A||4K miniLED LCD||85, 75, 65, 55, 50" |
|QN90A||4K miniLED LCD||85, 75, 65, 55, 50" |
|QN85A||4K miniLED LCD||85, 75, 65, 55, 50" |
|Q80A||85, 75, 65, 55, 50" |
|Q70A||85, 75, 65, 55"|
|Q60A||85, 75, 70, 65, 60, 55, 50, 43"|
|LS703A (The Frame 2021)||75, 65, 55, 50, 43" |
|AU9000||75, 65, 55, 50, 43" |
|In Samsung's own words:
- Samsung Health seamlessly transforms the home into a personal gym, and the new Smart Trainer feature tracks and analyzes posture in real time, just like a personal trainer. During and post-workout, Smart Trainer provides feedback on form, helps you count your reps, and estimates calories burned. With video and interactive training via Bixby-enabled voice control, Samsung Health Smart Trainer elevates and personalizes the home workout experience.
- With two new exclusive features, Samsung is delivering the ultimate TV gaming experience. Super Ultrawide GameView gives gamers the option to play not only at the wide 21:9 aspect ratio, but even at the ultrawide 32:9 ratio. The wider field of view ensures gamers don’t miss a moment of the action. And Game Bar lets players quickly monitor and adjust critical aspects of play—whether that’s switching aspect ratios, checking input lag, or connecting a headset. Finally, FreeSync Premium Pro minimizes stuttering so players enjoy smooth picture quality throughout gameplay.
Samsung's new Game Bar
- With Google Duo, consumers can use their phone to initiate a high-quality, high-speed video call that up to 32 people can join—no matter which operating system they’re using. With Google Duo app, you can make video calls directly through an optional USB-connected And with smart camera solution, the camera can follow your movements. It will automatically zoom in and out so you’re just the right size, always in focus.
- PC on TV on Samsung devices allows consumers to connect a PC to the TV, enabling working and learning from home through the TV screen with a connected mouse, keyboard, and PC. Consumers can also directly access MS Office 365 through the TV’s web browser to create and edit documents. Simply install an Easy Connection app on your computer and log into your Samsung Account—and your TV will automatically connect to your PC, making working from the living room seamless.
- Solar Cell Remote Control: In 2021, Samsung TVs will come with a solar-powered remote control that can be recharged by indoor light, outdoor light or USB—a first-of-its-kind innovation for the brand. This will help prevent waste from a projected 99 million AAA batteries over seven years.2 To construct the remote, Samsung innovated manufacturing process that upcycles plastics from recyclable bottles –including 24% recycled content.
Samsung's solar-powered remote control