Starting today, Netflix's 'Play Something', or 'Shuffle Play' in some regions, will roll out globally to all subscribers using a TV device.
Play something else
If you open the Netflix app later today, you will most likely spot a 'Play Something' button. After months of testing, Netflix has started rolling out the new feature globally.
- "Sometimes you just want to open Netflix and dive right into a new story. That’s why we’ve created Play Something, an exciting new way to kick back and watch," said Cameron Johnson, Director of Product Innovation, Netflix.
Play something works on TV devices
With another click you can 'Play Something Else', which will pick from your queue or another title suggested by Netflix. It is more akin to flow-tv, or channels, but driven by Netflix's recommendation engine that collects data on your preferences.
The 'Play Something' button will be visible globally starting today on the profile screen, on the 10th row of the homescreen, or from the navigation menu to the left. The company added that it supports accessibility features.
Another click: Play Something Else
"Play Something Else" will pick:
- A brand new series or film,
- A series or film you’re already watching,
- A series or film on your list, or
- An unfinished series or film you may want to revisit.
Sign up for FlatpanelsHD's newsletter
The latest news, in-depth articles, reviews, and exclusives in your inbox.