Skyworth is planning to launch at least seven new TV ranges in North America this year. Highlights include bigger screens, Google TV, Dolby Vision IQ, Dolby Atmos and ATSC 3.0 tuners.
Skyworth in 2022
Skyworth recently launched OLED TVs in North America and this year the Chinese company will expand its TV line-up with new LCD models, as detailed below, and additional OLED models that will be formally announced later.
- "Moving forward into 2022, we are fully committed to expanding our presence in the US and Canada and introducing big-screen LCD and OLED Smart TVs, enabling even more consumers to enjoy the stunning audio-visual experiences we have to offer," said John Homlish, SVP of Sales and Marketing, Skyworth USA.
New for 2022 is Google TV (with Android 11). Skyworth has confirmed a total of 11 models spanning five LCD ranges as well as new OLED ranges. Google TV offers access to video and game streaming apps like Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV, Disney+, Google Stadia, HBO Max, and Netflix. Google TV also features built-in Chromecast and Google Assistant.
- "Further elevating the entertainment experience, Skyworth will roll out a lineup of Google TV models for the USA and Canada markets with a target launch of summer 2022," the company announced.
Skyworth's S82 OLED TVs will carry over into 2022
Some of the new features for 2022 include Dolby Vision IQ, Dolby Atmos support, miniLED LCD, and ATSC 3.0 tuners.
Also read: Skyworth W82 is the world's first transformable OLED TV
In addition, the company is planning to upgrade its existing UHD7200 and UD6200 models to Google TV later in 2022.
Skyworth further said that it will move its manufacturing for the North America market to Mexico from China in 2022.
Skyworth's new LCD TVs with Google TV will launch this summer while the new OLED models are scheduled to arrive in the second half of 2022.
Confirmed 2022 Skyworth TV models
In the company's own words:
- At the top, the 4K UHD Mini-LED QLED UD8500 Series offered in 65" and 75" screen sizes will feature a sleek bezel-less design, 120Hz Refresh Rate, Dolby IQ, HDR10 & HLG HDR, Dolby Atmos, and an ATSC 3.0 Tuner.
- The UD8000 Series is a 4K QLED UHD TV offered in bezel-less 65" and 75" screen sizes, a 60Hz refresh rate panel, HDR10 and HLG HDR, and Dolby Audio.
- The 4K UHD UD7500 Series, with 86" super screen size, will feature a premium designed metal cabinet and a higher performance 120Hz refresh rate panel.
- The upgraded 4K UHD UD7200G Series, "G" for Google TV, is offered in 50", 55", 65" and 75" screen sizes, and has a bezel-less design with a 60Hz refresh rate panel.
- The entry-level TD7300 Series designed for smaller viewing spaces is offered in 32" and 40" screen sizes.