Sony, Sharp and Philips are on the bandwagon and will release TVs based on Android TV in 2015. Android TV combines streaming services, apps, and a game console in one platform. It will also be available in small TV streamer boxes.
LG has a range of new OLED TVs coming out in 2014 as well as new Ultra HD and Full HD TVs. LG is also introducing a new webOS-based Smart TV platform that looks promising. Could 2014 be the year where LG establishes itself as the leading Korean TV innovator?
Panasonic is introducing their new AX900 with “plasma-like picture quality” and a range of new Full HD models – some very basic, some with advanced features. Panasonic is also introducing a new Smart TV user interface called Life+ that recommends relevant content.
In 2014, Philips will introduce its first TV with the new Android-based Smart TV platform. They will also launch Ultra HD TVs and TVs with twin tuners, Miracast screen mirroring and a new Cloud TV app that streams TV channels over the internet.
See FlatpanelsHD's list of TV and monitor recommendations. The list is updated continuously Last update: March 12, 2014.
We bring you a full overview of Samsung's 2014 TV line-up. Samsung has a range of new curved & flat Ultra HD & Full HD TVs. But plasma TVs are almost dead and there are no new OLED TVs in sight.
FlatpanelsDK
You are here: Forum - Questions for reviews - Post

Site Admin
PostPosted: 31 May 2010, 11:30 

We have tested the Dell U2311H. Dell's two new U2311H and U2211H monitors have IPS panels, 19201x1080 resolution and a very attractive price.

The review can be found here:
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php? ... 1275291737

If you have questions please use this thread.

Enjoy 8-)

PostPosted: 31 May 2010, 12:40 

Nice review!
Is this monitor a better choice than Samsung XL2370 for watching movies?

Site Admin
PostPosted: 31 May 2010, 12:56 

saito1234 wrote:
Nice review!
Is this monitor a better choice than Samsung XL2370 for watching movies?

Yes, it's definitely a better monitor for movies than XL2370 with TN panel. :)

PostPosted: 31 May 2010, 13:25 

Hi Rasmus,

thank you for your honest review. It has been eagerly awaited by quite some people
(e.g. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=4 ... &t=1518544 and http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 42584.html) and your opinions seem to confirm what the general consensus currently is: this is a good monitor with one serious flaw. For the price, however, you won't do much better at the moment, especially if you want to avoid the garbage that is TN film. Who knows, they might fix the issue in the next revision (although I am not holding my breath :-)

What I'd like to know now, though, is this: do you think it would be worth getting the 2209wa while it's still available, instead of the U2311h? This would mean sacrificing some of the resolution, but would the panel be "better"? Judging from your pictures, the U2410 has a much more natural look. Has the 2209wa got the same feel panel?

Site Admin
PostPosted: 31 May 2010, 13:44 

Yeah, I agree. The U2311H is very good value and personally I prefer it over all TN panels (except for 120 Hz if you're a serious gamer).

Yeah, it's hard to say. I think that 2209WA is a bit better because of the better contrast viewing angles but I think that I would prefer the higher resolution on U2311H. Besides that the two monitors are pretty similar with only minor differences.
But I also think it depends on usage. If people are using the U2311H in bright rooms the contradt reduction is not really a serious problem but if you're a photographer or graphic artist that mostly work in light controlled environments - ie. a dark room in the basement - the contrast reduction is a problem.

PostPosted: 31 May 2010, 19:06 

Nice review, however i still cant understand what exactly black level means. 0,16 U2311 got and 0.18 did the u2411 have. You also stated in the review u2311 have better blacks then the u2411. If you look at the pictures you can see that u2311 does indeed have somewhat better blacks. However in all pictures U2311 lacks detail in dark areas compared to u2411. Better blacks should be better blacks BUT without loss of detail. Whats the meaning of having better blacks if you loose detail, thats not better blacks for me. Its the same on many TV tests you have done. They are showing impressive blacks but alot of detail is missing. This subject is very confusing for me. This isnt something about your review, basically every review on other sitse that shows screenshots from tests have lacking details in dark areas.

I also can lower brightness yada yada and get sick blacks but i will loose detail by doing it.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 31 May 2010, 21:23 

reqq wrote:
Nice review, however i still cant understand what exactly black level means. 0,16 U2311 got and 0.18 did the u2411 have. You also stated in the review u2311 have better blacks then the u2411. If you look at the pictures you can see that u2311 does indeed have somewhat better blacks. However in all pictures U2311 lacks detail in dark areas compared to u2411. Better blacks should be better blacks BUT without loss of detail. Whats the meaning of having better blacks if you loose detail, thats not better blacks for me. Its the same on many TV tests you have done. They are showing impressive blacks but alot of detail is missing. This subject is very confusing for me. This isnt something about your review, basically every review on other sitse that shows screenshots from tests have lacking details in dark areas.

I also can lower brightness yada yada and get sick blacks but i will loose detail by doing it.

Yes you're right. A deep black level is nothing without details in the dark colors. When we wirte black level we mean the luminance of the black color.

What you're refering to is the aspect we call shadow details. The term "shadow details" covers the gradation of dark colors and therefore details in dark colors.

U2311H has better shadow detailing than U2410. Be careful not to judge screens 100 % from pictures. The pictures are shot with a Canon EOS but it's still not very accurate and a lot of details especially in dark colors are lost depending on the shutter time we use.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010, 11:01 

Hi,

I was looking at the NEC MultiSync EA231WMi or this Dell pending reviews and wondered what your thoughts were? I was considering the U2410 but it seems so variable and there are so many negative reviews that its really put me off.

Usages: photos, browsing, multimedia

I appreciate neither are amazing photo monitors but hey needs must.

Thanks

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3 [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next