Hisense has launched the first Roku TVs in the UK. The 43, 50, 55, and 65-inch models are affordable 4K TVs.
Hisense Roku TVs
At IFA 2019, Roku announced that it was planning to expand its Roku TV licensing program to Europe this year. The UK is the first European market and Hisense is the launch partner.
Hisense is now launching its first Roku TVs for the UK market, ahead of Black Friday. The TVs will be available in 43, 50, 55, and 65-inch sizes with 4K resolution. Prices start at 329 GBP and they will be available through Argos.
- "We are incredibly proud to launch the first Roku TV models in the UK. These new 4K TVs offer stellar picture quality, endless entertainment and an affordable price," said Arun Bhatoye, SMM, Hisense.
The TVs support HDR but you should not expect them to deliver HDR, though. Great HDR picture quality is still reserved for high-end TVs as the expanded luminance and color range puts high demands on display hardware.
Roku says that there are over 5000 streaming apps available from the app store, including BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My5, Freeview Play, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and NOW TV. For a complete overview follow this link.
The European expansion
The Roku platform is very popular in North America and the company is hoping to replicate the succes with its licensing model in Europe where it will compete with TV platforms from Apple (tvOS), Google (Android TV), LG (webOS), Samsung (Tizen), and others.
- "We are thrilled to launch Roku TV in Europe, starting with the UK. Roku TV models have been incredibly popular in the U.S. for years. Roku TV models simply offer a fantastic smart TV experience: are simple to use, packed with entertainment and deliver exceptional value," said
Bart Bomers, VP EMEA at Roku.
From a picture quality standpoint there is nothing to set these TVs apart, though. You are looking at standard 4K LCD panels.
The Hisense Roku TVs are available in the UK now.
- 43” 4K HDR Hisense Roku TV – 329 GBP
- 50” 4K HDR Hisense Roku TV – 379 GBP
- 55” 4K HDR Hisense Roku TV – 479 GBP
- 65” 4K HDR Hisense Roku TV – 649 GBP