PhilipK wrote:[Thanks for your input. I have tried to enable and disable both motion plus and led motion plus, motion lightning and film mode have always been disabled. Any other suggestions?
This is then a strange effect, nobody else reported it. On the other hand fast vertical panning does not happen that often so maybe people did not notice it? At this point it is not clear what might be the reason but it does not look as the problem of this particular set, rather general problem.
Next questions which come to mind:
1. Are the bands showing only when there is camera panning of whole picture
or also when there is object moving vertically?
2. Are the bands static or flickering or fluctuating?
3. Do the bands show up suddenly at specific speed of panning or they emerge gradually stronger?
4. Do the bands have exactly the same size?
5. How te bands look from very close distance? Do they have very sharp borders?
Two more ideas which would help to find out the reason:
1. One has to check if the set is still making some kind of backlight switching despite taking off advanced modes. Taking pictures with camera at
high speed may reveal it.
2. Using PC with PC input setting, one could simulate panning and see how it appears.