A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
The Panasonic G30 review is now online. We have tested the 50" version called TX-P50G30E but it also exists in 42 and 46 inches. G30 is the European successor to the much acclaimed G20 from 2010. G30 comes without 3D but with the Infinite Black 2 panel and the Viera Connect internet platform.
Full review here:
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php? ... 1308122639

If you have questions please use this thread.

Enjoy 8-)
Good review for the G30 :)

I was just wondering which one would be better for the average joe the ST30 or the G30 for mainly hi def movies and gaming?

Im struggling to find any comparisons on the internet

Thanks
Great review!

One question about the buzzing. Did you hear different levels of buzzing depending on the source or the image being shown? Because it happens with mine. Especially with the PS3 and FIFA11 (at the starting screen of the game, where you select the language) the buzzing level is much higher.
This is what I find really weird. That is not a stable buzzing and I can hear it at 2-3 meters away... ;;)

About the HDMI, (4 inputs, 1 HDMI 1.4). With this info, you mean the other 3 HDMI are 1.3?
According to the user manual, all HDMI connections are 1.4 (1 with ARC).

Thanks!
By matt
I was actually about to ask the same question. I'm torn between the ST30 and the G30. I only care about 2D picture quality. I guess the ST30 (or ST32 as it's called here) has faster phosphors and a better black filter, but on the other hand it lacks the THX mode. The price is about the same for both models.

The "S" series is considered lower than the "G" series. Does that mean anything in regards to 2D picture quality, or does it just mean that the ST30 lacks some functionality, like USB recording?

In summary, a comparison of the ST30/ST32 and the G30 would be great! :)
hopetr.
Are you for real?
Reading from the link you provided cleary states:

G30 - Infinite Black panel
GT30 - Infinite Black 2 panel

If you can't read, its no ones fault but your own.

OMG...