A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By Dugom
#6241 Why haven't you used the Crosstalk image test? :((

Dugom wrote:To check Crosstalk: (for 3D display)
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?989ujwaa4k9627b

Display the image in 3D mode then take shot in front of the screen through both glasses (lens).
You shouldn't see both letter (L and R) in the shot, only one should appear, if not the crosstalk is bad!

Here some result with the L side (for better reading): (size 5MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?oo2l8qxfcbh9gqf

All fourty 3DTV in this picture are set in "Cinema" mode.

PS:
I've many other Crosstalk images result about 3D monitors, if you are interested: (French)
http://www.lesnumeriques.com/legrandfor ... tm#t271280


Hope you will use this tools. If you have some questions, feel free to ask.

Regards
By Cluelezz
#6244 Hi,

Thanks for a great review of the TV. I just got the european version and was as happy as a child during x-mas.

After 1 day of experimenting and trying out everything I noticed that I was unable to play video from my USB External hard drive (1TB WD with separate power cord) without experiencing massive audio and video lag regardless of audio/video format.

When I instead tried playing video from an USB stick there was no problem, so I started to think the problem may be the External Hard Drive. I connected the hard drive to a 2 year old LG LCD tv and the video played like a charm, without any lag.

Does any1 else have the same problem and is there a fix for it?

(The tv runs on out of the box system and calibration settings).
By Spixel
#6247 Hi and thanks for the review.

What about the wall mount? I've seen that there is a big black plastic piece at the bottom back of the TV, is there any way to remove it and place the tv a few millimeters away from the wall? Or do we need to place it 10cm away from it due to the plastic piece?
By rastl
#6248 Hello Rasmus,
would it be possible to get some high shutter speed pictures of the scanning backlight as for Sharps LE830 or Panasonics D28 ?
Is the number of scanning backlight segments somehow regarded into LG's MCI as in Panasonics BLS (http://www.panasonic.net/avc/viera/led_lcd_us/index.html#topic01) ?
Best Regards,
rainer stenzel
By Smith2011
#6250 Thanks for the review Rasmus. I've asked you before about any signs of the FPR filter showing up on 'normal' 2D viewing- did you spot anything this time? My reason for asking again is that in a recent review of the new LG 55LM660T (the UK version of the next set down from the LM760T), the reviewer states that the filter does effect 2D viewing. See here http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio- ... cleContent
User avatar
By Rasmus Larsen
#6251
jart wrote:Hello,

Good review...

How do you compare the 3D image of this LG with the panasonic et5?

Thanks


Same characteristics but LG's 3DTVs have a slight edge. Probably due to LG's 3D algorithms.
User avatar
By Rasmus Larsen
#6252
Dugom wrote:Why haven't you used the Crosstalk image test? :((


We do not make changes to our test procedure from week to week but I will examine them and see if they add value to our review, as discussed :)
User avatar
By Rasmus Larsen
#6253
Spixel wrote:Hi and thanks for the review.

What about the wall mount? I've seen that there is a big black plastic piece at the bottom back of the TV, is there any way to remove it and place the tv a few millimeters away from the wall? Or do we need to place it 10cm away from it due to the plastic piece?


The plastic bar is actually the speaker cabinet. It is fixed but it's not very thick. You should be able to wall mount the TV very close to the wall regardless. LG will release their own slim wall mount soon, they say.
User avatar
By Rasmus Larsen
#6254
rastl wrote:Hello Rasmus,
would it be possible to get some high shutter speed pictures of the scanning backlight as for Sharps LE830 or Panasonics D28 ?
Is the number of scanning backlight segments somehow regarded into LG's MCI as in Panasonics BLS (http://www.panasonic.net/avc/viera/led_lcd_us/index.html#topic01) ?
Best Regards,
rainer stenzel


Yes, I have some. But I will not be at the office until Monday or Tuesday next week. I can post them here next week. :)

The "Hz" number on LG's MCI also covers scanning backlights, yes. But the scanning backlight system is active even without frame interpolation.
User avatar
By Rasmus Larsen
#6255
Gradus wrote:Since when is 30-40 ms a good input lag?


It's not good but a lot better than on previous LG LED models that could show figures north of 70-80 ms. But 30-40 ms is not uncommon with LCD/LED models really. Plasma TVs are still considered the best in the regard.
User avatar
By Rasmus Larsen
#6256
Smith2011 wrote:Thanks for the review Rasmus. I've asked you before about any signs of the FPR filter showing up on 'normal' 2D viewing- did you spot anything this time? My reason for asking again is that in a recent review of the new LG 55LM660T (the UK version of the next set down from the LM760T), the reviewer states that the filter does effect 2D viewing. See here http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio- ... cleContent


That is strange. No, we haven't noticed that and I have done extensive testing since the first passive 3D panels came out. I don't know why he would say that but I certainly don't agree.
By Smith2011
#6257 Thanks for the reply Rasmus. As I said before, I totally agree with you on this one, I can't spot any effect whatsoever. I've posted a message on that site for the reviewer, so I'll report back.