TV calibration, calibration tips, settings etc.
Hey all,

After weeks of research on which TV I wanted to buy (it was between the Vizio P Series, TCL 6 Series, and the Sony X900F), my 55" X900F is getting delivered tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited to see the amazing picture quality that I've been reading about.

I've read in most reviews that the color accuracy out of the box is extremely good, so would it be worth paying ($200 at Geek Squad) to have the professional calibration done if the color accuracy out of the box is as good as they say?

Also - most replies I've seen to picture setting threads usually recommend the picture settings posted on RTINGS. Are these pretty universal settings for all X900F's?

Thanks!
[quote=konigsegg post_id=17031 time=1560794301 user_id=17686]
Hey all,

After weeks of research on which TV I wanted to buy (it was between the Vizio P Series, TCL 6 Series, and the Sony X900F), my 55" X900F is getting delivered tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited to see the amazing picture quality that I've been reading about.

I've read in most reviews that the color accuracy out of the box is extremely good, so would it be worth paying ($200 at Geek Squad) to have the professional calibration done if the color accuracy out of the box is as good as they say?

Also - most replies I've seen to picture setting threads usually recommend the picture settings posted on RTINGS. Are these pretty universal settings for all X900F's?

Thanks! [/quote]

As for whether or not you should do it, it really depends on you and how important picture accuracy is to you? I LOVE a great picture but that being said, my wife couldn’t care any less. Once I point the differences out to her she concurs but I’m pretty sure I could put it back on “standard” and she’d never notice. Custom mode gets you closer on colors but your 10pt white balance will still be off without an actual measured calibration, which will also get your colors closer.