A chance to talk to FlatpanelsHD's reviewers.
By PeterMac
#7260
Hello, (my first post here) Thank you for another great review, not too good this LG very poor contrast ratio.

I 'd like to ask when I can expect your Panasonic CX700 review :) ?

Also, do you know already something when you will receive new Sony 2015 models specially W80/W85C FullHD models ?
By Dexter
#7261
I purchased a 55" size, model 55UF8507 (UF850V in some countries). I was really upset to discover that the 55" does not have the TruMotion in the picture option menu. How is it possible? Is there an explanation for this?
User avatar
By Rasmus Larsen
#7262
PeterMac wrote:I 'd like to ask when I can expect your Panasonic CX700 review :) ?

Also, do you know already something when you will receive new Sony 2015 models specially W80/W85C FullHD models ?
Welcome :) The first Panasonic review will hopefully be online next weekend or early next week.

Very soon, Sony has yet to confirm a date but an optimistic guess is that we will receive the first new TV from Sony next week.
User avatar
By Rasmus Larsen
#7263
Dexter wrote:I purchased a 55" size, model 55UF8507 (UF850V in some countries). I was really upset to discover that the 55" does not have the TruMotion in the picture option menu. How is it possible? Is there an explanation for this?
That is weird. We definitely had the full TruMotion controls on our 65-inch. Can it have something to do with your source signal (the TV deactivating some controls) or that you were using a specific picture preset? Just a guess.
By Dexter
#7264
Rasmus Larsen wrote:
Dexter wrote:I purchased a 55" size, model 55UF8507 (UF850V in some countries). I was really upset to discover that the 55" does not have the TruMotion in the picture option menu. How is it possible? Is there an explanation for this?
That is weird. We definitely had the full TruMotion controls on our 65-inch. Can it have something to do with your source signal (the TV deactivating some controls) or that you were using a specific picture preset? Just a guess.
Yeah that's really weird and I'm really disappointed about that. Any input I use, any source and any picture preset, there is not TruMotion control in the picture menu. It ends with the Local Dimming control.
By Audioform
#7265
lagtest.jpeg
lagtest.jpeg (50.25 KiB) Viewed 32636 times
Hi there! I'm from Amsterdam, so my English is not perfect. Anyway very good review and I agree with most things!

I just bought the 60 inch version (UF850V/UF8500) and ''for me'' this was the best TV for my budget. LG is the best choice if you use Netflix / YouTube / Movies from USB much. It is so fast, just wow! I only don't think Android will be the next thing for TV. I just tested a new TV from Philips with Android, it is horrible and slow and has a lot of bugs. On Mobile phones Android works perfect, but on TV you can't put your hand on the TV and just go swiping, so that operating system doesn't work for TV in my opinion. My parents own a new Samsung and the operating system is okay, but LG is better and faster. For other people I hope there will be more apps available in the future, but I only use it for Netflix/YouTube/USB so I don't need it. But I think LG will get more developers for apps in near future because the LG UF850V/UF8500 is already one of the ''Netflix Recommended'' TV's!

About the sound, mmm... I also own a LG 47LA8609 (LG 2013 model, in USA it's 47LA8600) and that one has a 2.1 speaker system with a build in subwoofer. (2x12 watt). This one has a 2.0 speaker system without a subwoofer and it's just 2x10watt ... Why??? Okay it contains Harman/Kardon speakers but I expected wayyy more. It's still okay, but certainly not the best. Where is the bass? There is an equalizer, but I didn't have the time to check it out properly. Maybe someone in here can give a good sound calibration? That will be great! If you are a movie fanatic you really need a soundbar or other extra speakers.

I agree that the contrast is not the best, but for me it's okay. I didn't expect more from an IPS panel. I only don't understand the calibration settings in the review? When I watch 4K on YouTube, House Of Cards on Netflix or just TV and I use the settings from the review ,the picture looks washed out. It has no energy/is lifeless and 4K just looks HD. So what is wrong here?

I use the ''standard setting'' and then I turn Brightness down till 20 and then I have a good picture (I'm sitting 3,5 meter from the TV, I don't know how many feet that is), but I think this TV can perform way better with other settings but I'm just an amateur. What about a 20-point calibration? By the way, sometimes the ''black level'' option is greyed out, how come?

Differences between 49/55 inch and 60/65 inch
About the different models. I have a LG flyer and it says the 49/55 inch models have a 120 HZ (100 HZ in Europe) panel and the 60/65 inch models have a 240 HZ (200 HZ in Europe) panel. Maybe that's why some models don't have the TruMotion option? I also asked LG (via LG chat/e-mail) what kind of panel the different models have and they all say different things. The knowledge is horrible (or they may not say it), some LG people say one panel has 2000 HZ (LOL). So they don't even know the difference between real refresh rates and fake refresh rates (Motion Clarity Index) ... Really annoying! When this information is true (and it is, it's on the flyer) I think it's really strange the 49/55 inch models only have 120 HZ/100 HZ because my LG TV from 2013 (47LA8609/47LA8600) has 200/240 HZ with the TruMotion option, so that will be a step backwards for the smaller models. But luckily I have a 60 inch version with TruMotion.

About the inputlag, on a dutch reviewsite they also did the test and the result was 45,6ms. So do some versions have different inputlag? Anyway I play on WiiU and PS4 and I don't notice any inputlag, so for me this is really a good Gaming TV. I have to say I have changed the input label in the menu for consoles to PC, so maybe that will do the trick. The picture quality is better then expected, even Mario Kart (720P/60FPS) looks great.

Thanks for reviewing this TV, I really liked it!
By Dexter
#7266
Audioform wrote:
Hi there! I'm from Amsterdam...
Hi,
thank you very much for the informations, specially regarding the differences between the 49/55 inch and the 60/65 inch refresh rate panels.

I'm really annoyed by the missing TruMotion option on my TV and I agree with you it is a step back from the previous years models, because they all had TruMotion, even the smaller sizes.

The question now is: there shouldn't be the TruMotion option even on a 100Hz panel?

I'm planning to bring it back and get another one with a 200Hz panel and TruMotion option enabled. Unfortunately, the 60 inch version is not available in my country (Italy).
User avatar
By Rasmus Larsen
#7268
Audioform wrote: I only don't think Android will be the next thing for TV. I just tested a new TV from Philips with Android, it is horrible and slow and has a lot of bugs.
Just a quick note. The TV you tested must have been a 2014 model with a mobile version of Android - basically a garage hack project that Philips tried to sell. Android TV is a version of Android developed specifically for the TV screen. Last year's Philips TVs will not get it. It will only be available in the 2015 Philips TVs (coming in late may), 2015 Sony TVs, select 2015 Sharp TVs, and media streamers.

The difference between Philips' garage project and real "Android TV" is huge. :)


Audioform wrote:About the inputlag, on a dutch reviewsite they also did the test and the result was 45,6ms. So do some versions have different inputlag? Anyway I play on WiiU and PS4 and I don't notice any inputlag, so for me this is really a good Gaming TV. I have to say I have changed the input label in the menu for consoles to PC, so maybe that will do the trick. The picture quality is better then expected, even Mario Kart (720P/60FPS) looks great.
We use the same Leo Bodnar device so it should be the same. Did they review the same 65" model?


Thanks for sharing your view on UF8500! :)
By Audioform
#7269
Dexter wrote:
Audioform wrote:
Hi there! I'm from Amsterdam...
Hi,
thank you very much for the informations, specially regarding the differences between the 49/55 inch and the 60/65 inch refresh rate panels.

I'm really annoyed by the missing TruMotion option on my TV and I agree with you it is a step back from the previous years models, because they all had TruMotion, even the smaller sizes.

The question now is: there shouldn't be the TruMotion option even on a 100Hz panel?

I'm planning to bring it back and get another one with a 200Hz panel and TruMotion option enabled. Unfortunately, the 60 inch version is not available in my country (Italy).
Hi, no problem, glad I could help out! But what do you mean exactly, that a 100hz panel also should have (or should not have?) a TruMotion option? I'm not an expert so maybe someone else here can answer the question, but I think a 100HZ panel also should have it.
Too bad Italy doesn't sell the 60inch model!
By Audioform
#7270
Rasmus Larsen wrote:
Audioform wrote: I only don't think Android will be the next thing for TV. I just tested a new TV from Philips with Android, it is horrible and slow and has a lot of bugs.
Just a quick note. The TV you tested must have been a 2014 model with a mobile version of Android - basically a garage hack project that Philips tried to sell. Android TV is a version of Android developed specifically for the TV screen. Last year's Philips TVs will not get it. It will only be available in the 2015 Philips TVs (coming in late may), 2015 Sony TVs, select 2015 Sharp TVs, and media streamers.

The difference between Philips' garage project and real "Android TV" is huge. :)


Audioform wrote:About the inputlag, on a dutch reviewsite they also did the test and the result was 45,6ms. So do some versions have different inputlag? Anyway I play on WiiU and PS4 and I don't notice any inputlag, so for me this is really a good Gaming TV. I have to say I have changed the input label in the menu for consoles to PC, so maybe that will do the trick. The picture quality is better then expected, even Mario Kart (720P/60FPS) looks great.
We use the same Leo Bodnar device so it should be the same. Did they review the same 65" model?


Thanks for sharing your view on UF8500! :)

Ah, I looked it up and it was indeed a 2014 model from Philips! Thanks!

And yes they reviewed the exact same model: 65UF850V.
By PeterMac
#7271
Rasmus Larsen wrote:
PeterMac wrote:I 'd like to ask when I can expect your Panasonic CX700 review :) ?

Also, do you know already something when you will receive new Sony 2015 models specially W80/W85C FullHD models ?
Welcome :) The first Panasonic review will hopefully be online next weekend or early next week.

Very soon, Sony has yet to confirm a date but an optimistic guess is that we will receive the first new TV from Sony next week.
That's great news can't wait for this both review :) Thank You.
I will choose one with better black/contrast ratio no matter it will be FullHD or 4K :)
By Dexter
#7272
Audioform wrote:
Dexter wrote:
Audioform wrote:Hi, no problem, glad I could help out! But what do you mean exactly, that a 100hz panel also should have (or should not have?) a TruMotion option? I'm not an expert so maybe someone else here can answer the question, but I think a 100HZ panel also should have it.
Too bad Italy doesn't sell the 60inch model!
Yeah, I mean to say that even a 100Hz TV should have the TruMotion option.
By lgilsonj
#7275
Hi there!

For those who have bought this model, or reviewed it. I would like to know how this model compares with the LG LM7600, I got this model from LG and so far, I'm really satisfied with this model, and I was looking for a new TV, and the UF8500 looks a good choice for me...

But as I use the TV basically to gaming (xbox one and ps3) I would know how it performs compared to my actual model, since the content I actually use is just 1080p at maximum.

Thanks for your attention and forgive for my poor english! :)
By Kralthan
#7277
I recently picked up one of these models and am using it about 50% of the time as a computer monitor. The lag doesnt seem as bad to me as various reviews are giving it. I dont think merely setting the picture display to "game" is the fastest option for this model. I'm curious if you guys could redo the lag test and give results with the input chosen as a "PC" or "Gaming Console" , possibly one all 3 of the HDMI ports?

I've been using port 1 with it set to PC running 4k @ 60hz and to me the lag isnt noticable. I'm tempted to buy a Leo Bodnar device myself just to see how it measures up against the sharp and samsung models I have since I've used them all as big screen monitors for the last few years.