PC monitors of all kinds.
Hi all, i was wondering if anyone knows what this is on my new Benq RL2455HM? the wavy ciruclar lines converging at the center on a seemingly alternating pattern? is this flicker or is it normal? p/n is 9H.LA9LB.DBL but it says here that it's manufacturing date is December 2013.
thanks for helping!

User avatar
By Rasmus Larsen
You can reproduce this effect on most monitors when taking a photo with a camera. Depending on the monitor, the effect is caused by flicker or simply the anti-reflective coating, but it can also be caused by some of the adaptive processes used in cameras, I guess (but I'm not a camera expert).

If you want to know if your new monitor uses a flicker-free backlight or not you can follow our method in this article:
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?s ... 1362457985